Our Favorite Buttercream Frosting Recipe
on January 24, 2015
We love to use buttercream frosting to decorate. We have tried other cake decorating options but always fall back on the tried and true Buttercream Frosting. This is the recipe we have used for 22 years and except for the occasional flavoring addition it has not changed.
This recipe works wonderfully right from the bowl for frosting a cake with a smooth top coat. Refrigerate it for a little while and it is perfect for using in a decorator bag.
Buttercream Frosting Recipe*
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons… View the rest of this post